8 baking potatoes, washed
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 stick butter
1/2 cup Cannabutter
1 cup bacon bits (fry your own!)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the canola oil and bake for 1 hour, making sure they’re sufficiently cooked through.
- Place butter and Cannabutter in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits and sour cream. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes into the butter, bacon and sour cream. Add the cheese, milk, seasoned salt, green onions and black pepper to taste and mix together well.
- Fill the potato skins s with the filling. Top each potato with a little more grated cheese and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.