2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
½ c salt
½ c sugar
4 c water
½ c flour
1 c breadcrumbs
3 tbs cannabis-infused olive oil
marinara sauce, either store-bought or homemade
1 lb pasta, any type
½ c Parmesan cheese, per chicken breast
- Brine the chicken several hours before making your meal. Mix together salt, sugar, and cold water until dissolved. Add the chicken, then cover and place in the fridge between 30 minutes and three hours. The longer the better, as this will produce more flavor.
- Take out the chicken about 45 minutes before you would like to eat your meal. Remove chicken from the brine, and use a paper towel to dry it off.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Create an assembly line for the flour, breadcrumbs, and egg wash. Bread the chicken breasts by dipping into each, one at a time. Start with the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- After the chicken is breaded, place the canna-oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts into the hot oil, and fry until each side turns golden brown. When this color is achieved on both sides, place the chicken on paper towels away from the heat.
- Take a 9 x 13″ rectangular pan and coat it with a ¼-inch layer of marinara sauce. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the sauce, and then cover with more sauce. Add cheese to each chicken breast.
- Cover the pan and its contents with aluminum foil. Bake for either 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F.
- While the chicken is baking in the oven, cook the pasta on the stove top. Boil water, plop the spaghetti in and cook until it’s al dente. Strain the angel hair and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, take it out of the oven and serve it over the spaghetti. Make sure to only eat one serving at a time, to ensure that the cannabis matches your tolerance level. Enjoy!