Tacos are probably more popular outside of Mexico than in it. This cannabis-infused Mexican inspired dish should be in the World Cup of Tasty Tacos.
- 1-lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Can of Tomato Paste- 6 ounce
- 4-5 ounces of cannabutter (or cannabis-infused olive oil)
- 1 Bay leaf
Taco Seasoning* Ingredients:
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Mexican Oregano
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Fine Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
* 1-ounce packet of Taco Seasoning can be substituted.
- Finely dice both onions. Peel, crush, and mince garlic cloves.
- Melt half the Cannabutter over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté, continuously stirring until the onions start to go clear (5-7 minutes).
- Put cooked onions into a separate bowl. Add taco seasoning, crushed garlic, and tomato paste to the bowl, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Return pan to the heat and add the rest of the Cannabutter or oil.
- Add ground beef to the pan, ‘chopping’ up the beef with a wooden spatula as it cooks. 5-6 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the taco seasoning/onion mix from the bowl. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and Monterrey jack cheese.